Welcome to my toolbox!
The first question you might ask What is a tool?
Good question! and this is exactly why this is not just a simple list and currently implemented as a database so we be creative about recommending the right set of tools to create a toolbox.
- Play is an essential part of discovering and learning new tools and keeping it fun.
- Be sure to notice if you get caught in an - very few of the tools that come into view make the cut to “try” status in the table below.
- This page is not a complete inventory of tools I use. I do update this list from time to time.
- These tools have either withstood the test of time or I am actively evaluating to solve a specific challenge.
- The default list of tools (below) are those I feel are keys that enable how I operate today.
- The “Frequency” column is useful to see tools I use daily, weekly, monthly, as inspired, if it’s retired, aspire to try, or in maintenance mode
- It may be useful to look at the Types of Data (brainstorm) you manage
- Be weary of Vendor/data lock-in
- This table has a focus on information technology (IT) (except for Partnership Explorations which I added literally as a reminder to “think outside the box”)
- Extraordinary Support describes what is possible serving communities when creatively leveraging one's toolbox
- For a more alternative view of the notion of “tool” see the 10 selected in the context of dance & wellbeing see Burning into Fusion
What is a tool?
Types of Data (brainstorm)
Types of Wellbeing Data