- Users create groups and can add people to them
- Group mechanics:
- the group gets a unique tag that only people in the group can use to tag markets
- Each group has a page with # members, leaderboard/ranking for markets with that tag, and a join/follow button
- the groups someone has made is listed on their profile
- Group market mechanics:
- If you bet on one, you should be prompted to join the group after betting, or automatically added to that group if you’re a new user
- if your friend shares a market with you, it should be in one of their groups so that by sharing a market, they are forming a network with you
- maybe the leader can grant more granular read/write access to the tag?
- following tab will include markets tagged with your group tag
- Search for groups to join
- rank and display on right sidebar groups/tags with their profits, followers, markets, weekly gains, etc.
- (P1) Anyone can create a group and add people to it
- Each group gets its own page where its own feed of markets is displayed, a chat wall for those in the group, and rankings for those who’ve profited the most in the groups’ markets
- What if multiple people go to create a ‘physics’ group? Should we just generate a unique tag and the group name appears the same?
- joining a group signs you up for market creation and resolution notifications for that group
Replaces /Home with a group for All & each category
Replaces /Portfolio as each group will have its own portfolio calcs
new icon at the bottom & in sidebar
In sidebar it could be like
Groups list could be ordered by which group you visited last or the one that most recently received a message
- assign tags leaderboards
when I invite someone to manifold, I think the best experience they could have is to see markets that I’ve made/curated for their interests. If I’m inviting a friend it’ll be markets about things they’re interested in. If they’re a rationalist it’ll be markets about ACX, or EA topics, etc. If they’re a goofy, fun-loving friend they might be about our other friends’ chances at getting a girlfriend, or job, or what we’ll do for their birthday. The groups can be ephemeral, like markets created just for their birthday party