💡 When integrated with your Thinkific site, Howdy provides a rich and immersive experience to your online course community. Increase engagement, retention, and community loyalty with just a few clicks.
1. How to install Howdy on you site
- Visit the Thinkific Appstore or click on the 'Visit App Store' button at the top right hand corner of your Thinkific instructor dashboard.
- Search for Howdy in the Thinkific App store and click on it.
- Click on the install button.
- Once you've installed the app, you'll be redirected to Howdy create an account and select pricing plan. Select the plan best for you.
- During the installation process, Howdy imports your course description into your Howdy group, so you can beginning using Howdy functionality right away.
2. How to add a Howdy to Thinkific via Widget
- Log-in to Howdy and click settings icon located on the top right hand corner of your community
- Click “Embed” under Group Settings on the left hand side
- You will see two script tags as you can embed your community in two ways:
- Group Specific Widget (located on top of page): When you add “Group Specific Widget” only the selected group will embed as a widget. Your members will not have access to other groups.
- Community-wide widget (located at the bottom of the page). When you add community wide widget members of you community can browse all groups in your community. Note, they will still need an access code, pay, sign in, etc. depending on the settings for that group.
- Once you’ve decided on the widget type, click “copy” on the top right hand corner of the script tag window.
- Now log in to your Thinkific course as an admin
- Click Settings located on the left hand side of your Thinkific dashboard.
- Click Code & Analytics
- Paste the Howdy community script tag in the Site Footer Code and click Save.
- Click refresh on your Thinkific school.
- The Howdy widget will load on the lower right hand corner.
- You now have Howdy’s rich functionality accessible by click of a widget!
3. How to add a Howdy group to your Thinkific course via Lesson
- Go to Manage Learning Content
- Select Courses
- Click on the course you would like to add the Howdy group link to
- You will now be in the Course Curriculum area of the Course Builder
- On the left-hand side, click Add Lesson
- Select multimedia lesson
- Name the Lesson Title as desired
- Add your Howdy group's URL to the "Use externally hosted content" text input field.