🖋️ written by Joshua Glass on 16 June 2020
👨💻 Navigation tips
Comment, Ask & Discuss everywhere with
⌘ or ctrl + Shift + M
Expand for details & resources everywhere by clicking
🔗 Skip to the start of the Microsolidarity concept here...
- 📣PR / Communications
- 🗓Planning & Produce
- 🎣Reel in the Congregation
- 🤝Meeting 1: Welcome March
- 🤝Meeting 2: Welcome April
- 🤝Meeting 3: Welcome May [optional]
- 👣Peer Coaching Session
- 🤑Money Talk
- 🌕The Mini-Gathering
📄Table of Contents
🔦2018 - Pre-Research (mucking about)
Conception & Exploring connection || January → December
Appetize Empathy - a thoughtful dining experience (iArts poverty project) [Jan]
Appetize Empathy was an artistic dinner show in which 8 participants were selected from a wide range of socio-economic positions. The guests were invited to dine with each other for 2 hours.
The project was seeded at the start of 2018 when I began research into the state of poverty nearby Maastricht. The aim was to eventually "create an artistic dinner show" which would express my findings and reflections. I worked on this with four colleagues from iArts (Rubi Jansen, Milou Elbersen, Anchel Pablos, Mattia Vavassori).
In retrospect, I notice Appetize Empathy relates clearly to my current work of 2020:
- It was participatory - the audience interacted
- It was socially experimental - we created unordinary physical and social interventions which invited participants to interact with each other and themselves
- It intended towards a very practical takeaway - each participant voiced their professional skills and personal needs. They also wrote them down volunatrily along with contact details and exchanged with each other.