semblance/beginnings of a commons (to merge with the idea of a Wellbeing Commons): https://www.roampublic.com/directory/
Inspiration to explore Roam:
- August's overview of how Notion & Roam are complementary
Professor Chan’s tour of how he uses Roam (notes below video) that made me jump:
- academic background
- “best Zettelkasten in Roam so far”
- “how to effectively synthesize ideas and generate novel theories”
- INQUIRY: how do you know what problems I am good at solving?
- INQUIRY: how do we get people to synthesize knowledge together?
- knowledge work is processing your notes
- books, papers graduate into Zettels
- “haven’t figured out how to export from Roam in a ‘clean way’”
- “primary goal is to generate new stuff” (not search!)
- “learning process is very valuable”
- “don’t worry about migrating everything” [from previous systems]