🖤 About us
Zenskar is building new-age billing and pricing infrastructure for SaaS companies. As SaaS pricing evolves from vanilla subscription based models to more granular usage based models, billing and pricing infrastructure needs to be completely reimagined.
Zenskar is founded by Apurv Bansal & Saurabh Agrawal, who sold their previous startups to Snapdeal and Gaana respectively. They have experience at organizations such as Google, Basepair, Elevation Capital, IIT Bombay, IIT Delhi and Harvard Business School. We are funded by marquee global investors, including Bessemer Venture Partners.
We are building our founding team, and are looking for folks who can optimize for quick iteration, fast deployment and having a great developer experience. Ideally, you are excited about learning and meaningfully shaping the trajectory of an early stage startup from Day 0 in its journey.
We’re default alive: http://www.paulgraham.com/aord.html
😎 What you can expect
- Ownership and autonomy: As a founding team member, you have immense responsibility. You own and drive the execution.
- Learning: You will work on challenging problems and cutting edge technologies, ship (a lot!) and engage in some of the most meaningful work of your life.
- On the backend side, we are building high throughput, high scale data pipes to deal with usage data of companies of any size.
- On the frontend side, we are building low code interfaces for various parts of the billing stack to let companies design the best tools for themselves.
- You will have to think about all the people and systems that interact with the finance stack of a company, modularize the different parts of the stack well and build the correct abstractions. This includes systems like the CPQ (Configure-Price-Quote) that Sales people interact with, the metering system that Developers manage and the Billing, Payments and Accounting systems that Finance manages.
- We don’t take ourselves too seriously, and know how to have fun :)
- Health of our team is most important to us. Balance work with life - be productive, not busy.
- Engineering culture:
- Our culture is deeply focussed on iterating quickly, deploying fast and having a great developer experience.
- We build our deployment pipelines first so that developers can get feedback on software as soon as they build it, leading to quick iteration. You can expect to get your code deployed at least once a day.
- To enable the above, we need to have great testing infrastructure that goes hand in hand with the software being built.
- Being remote first, we thrive via async communication.
- Flexibility: Remote - work from wherever you are in the world. We’re opening an office in Bangalore in case you want to work from the office.
- Compensation: We offer competitive salary with generous ESOPs
- Health insurance
- Generous vacation policy
- Learning and development budget
- Team events and company offsites
- Choose your laptop
- Maternity and Paternity benefits