US Detailers Only
What we're looking for
X Steel Detailing is looking for a focused and disciplined team player who finds satisfaction building virtual structures and detailing in SDS/2 software. You must be fast paced, embrace technology, and have professional communication skills to excel in this role. You will need to be an expert at interpreting contract documents in order to properly detail structural and misc steel structures.
This is an excellent opportunity to be part of a great team aimed at creating a better workplace and a better detailing experience for our clients.
- Review Contract Documents for potential RFIs/CORs
- Setup of SDS/2 Project Settings
- Modeling/Detailing/Scrubbing in SDS/2
- Coordination with Checkers on Projects
- Create ABMs, KSS Files, other reports from SDS/2 Software
- Coordination with other vendors/suppliers (Grating, HVAC...)
- Creation of all necessary documents for IFA or IFC packages.
- Modification of model/drawings based on Approver comments
- Creation of itemized lists of additional estimated effort required for CORs
- Participation in "Daily Huddle" meeting to communicate important information about your projects and ensure team is on track.
- Participation of Internal Kickoff and Client Pre-Detailing Meetings to go over projects
- Making Decisions to keep the project moving forward (ie Ask at Approval vs Send out RFI, handling scheduling conflicts)
- Ability to professionally communicate with team members
- Report directly to Head of Detailing