Hello everyone! We hosted an AMA with Buddy Sola****, Community Manager at Akupara Games. Listen to him talk about topics ranging from company culture, interviewing tips, and their closed Marketing Strategist & Game Publishing Producer roles!****
Buddy from Akupara.m4a
💡 You can listen to the full audio recording above! We’ve broken down all the questions and topics below so you can get a nice feel for what was discussed, and also included some memorable quotes from Richard!
𝐐𝐮𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬 / 𝐓𝐨𝐩𝐢𝐜𝐬
- 0:00:00 A bit of an introduction from Buddy!
- 0:01:00 A little bit about the roles they had open, and why.
- 0:02:30 How Akupara works as a publishing company, and what kind of clients do they take on.
- 0:06:50 How did he go from Square Enix to Akupara Games.
- 0:10:10 Some key differences between Square Enix and Akupara, going from AAA to indie.
- 0:13:40 What kind of things they were looking for for both open roles.
- 0:17:00 Buddy describes Akupara and its culture in his own words.
- 0:19:00 How he went from a place that already had an established process (typically AAA) versus having less/none (typically Indie).
- 0:22:05 Problem solvers - what every job app is looking for.
- 0:26:00 How has the company changed since Buddy joined.
- 0:27:50 How big are the teams/company?
- 0:29:20 So this is a backfill for a role, not a new one? Why is that?