Open Positions 🏆
Our Mission 🚀
🧑🚀 We are on a mission to reinvent sports betting into a fun, social, and inclusive experience designed for all sports fans
We're rewriting the playbook.
We're pursuing a hyper-ambitious goal: we want to completely change the way people think about and experience sports betting. Today, sports betting is perceived by many fans as an intimidating, solitary, and often predatory experience. For lack of a better term, even the word "sports betting" has a certain ick factor associated with it.
We want to change that. The biggest misconception you can have about our team is that we're trying to 'gamify' sports betting or, worst yet, that we are trying to onramp more people into
gambling (we don't use the 'g-word' around here).
Our goal is to reimagine what sports betting can be. Our app is intuitive, social, and inclusive. We believe our product can build communities, strengthen friendships, give fans a reason to laugh, and ultimately give you a fun way to engage with your favorite sports, teams, and fans in your community.
If you want to help us change that narrative, keep scrolling 👇
Reddit co-founder invests in sports betting app Wagr
Forbes 30 Under 30 2022: Social Media
Off To The Races
📽️ Check us out in Yahoo Finance, Fortune, Legal Sports Report, Forbes, and Bloomberg
About Us 🥇
Our Team 🔥
We're a mighty team that consistently punches above its weight 🥊
- With just 10 employees, in mid-2021 we became the first social sports betting operator to receive a gaming license in US history. How cool is that?
- We're fully remote, so you can work from wherever you do your best work.
- That said, we plan to continue meeting up IRL a few times a year (see Exhibit A 👉 for snaps from our inaugural #wagrpalooza)
- We're collaborative and compassionate with each other: we work hard, but we have a lot of fun. We are always finding ways to share a laugh.
- We deeply believe that having a team of ranging backgrounds enables us to create the best and most innovative products.
- We think Ted Lasso is the best show ever made. If you disagree, please tell us why ⚽
Exhibit A (Nashville, 2021)
Our Culture ❤️🔥
Our goal is to challenge every single team member to do the best work of their career here.
- If you have an ownership mentality, a bias towards action, and naturally despise red tape... we believe you will seriously enjoy working here.
- We move fast. Always. Speed is the competitive advantage of all startups, and we're constantly building, learning, and refining. If you want a relaxed pace, this ain't it.
- We are ruthless about maintaining a no-blame culture. We win and lose together! Doesn't matter who (or what) caused any issue or failure we face, we simply focus our energies on learning, fixing, and moving forward.
- We keep a very high bar and uphold each other to it. We value technical excellence and go the extra mile without being asked. We'll push you to achieve milestones you may initially find daunting, but you'll be supported all the way there.