Element makes it easy for consumers to get advice from their favourite digital financial brands. We're developing a platform to help personal finance brands build their businesses on top of.
What You'll Do:
- You'll work with others to build new product features from start to finish: through conception, research, implementation, and maintenance.
- You'll help improve performance and reliability, or polish existing features.
- You'll build internal tools to support simplicity and productivity for the whole team.
What We're Looking For:
- Thoughtful problem-solving: For you, problem-solving starts with a clear and accurate understanding of the context. You can decompose tricky problems and work towards a clean solution, by yourself or with teammates. You're comfortable asking for help when you get stuck.
- Familiarity with the backend: You understand how parts of a system fit together—from the user interface to the data model. Experienced candidates should be familiar with relational database systems like Postgres or MySQL.
- Pragmatic and business-oriented: You care about the business impact of what you're building, and you prioritize projects accordingly. You're not just going after cool stuff—you understand the balance between craft, speed, and the bottom line.
- Put users first: You think critically about the implications of what you're building, and how it shapes real people's lives. You understand that reach comes with responsibility for our impact—good and bad.
- Not ideological about technology: To you, technologies and programming languages are about tradeoffs. You may be opinionated, but you're not ideological and can learn new technologies as you go.
- Empathetic communication: You communicate nuanced ideas clearly, whether you're explaining technical decisions in writing or brainstorming in real time. In disagreements, you engage thoughtfully with other perspectives and compromise when needed.
- Team player: You understand when work is better, together. You enjoy collaborating cross-functionally to accomplish shared goals, and you care about learning, growing, and helping others to do the same.
- You're proficient with any part of our technology stack: React, TypeScript, Node.js, and Postgres.
Even if you don't hit every bullet point on this list, we want to talk to you! Send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org