THINGS TO CONSIDER
Fundamental of design is to study and utilize:
Form giving ability and keep balance of the form
Understand the relationship and hierarchy
One main focus + Supplemental element to push up that focus
- Elevating the sense of aesthetic is a life-long pursuit
- A good decorative design triggers you want to interact with it, touch it and feel it, elevate sense of quality
- Form over function?
- Design history: decorative design (Art Nouveau) → craftsmanship → modern (using patterns)
- The entire industry moving towards smart objects, arbitrary things, more plastic objects that house electronics, interact with us digitally but have a physical presence.
- A good way to explore aesthetics is through side projects, a way to push yourself, push the limits, and discover something during the process
- Go blue sky ideas at beginning, aim high and cut it back: it's much easier to have blue sky ideas first then make it relevant to design criteria and functional, than start with ground ideas then elevate them to be better
- It's very helpful to sit down with decision makers, even though sometimes is listening to their arguing about one decision
- I feel like I want to see through this project!! It is such mass and I want to fix it.