📗 Free Preview Version
There are two ways to make money as Internet companies: bundle or unbundle.
In this issue, we will examine how Web3 unbundles the Internet, i.e.
- taking a piece of horizontal Web2 platforms
- dissecting them into specialized offerings
- creating profitable businesses from niche markets
Section 1: Key Market Trends
(1) Blockchain provides access to Silicon Valley:
- The unbundling of Silicon Valley is leading to the emergence of decentralized entities that specialize in specific innovation culture, providing access to investors, advisors, funding, talents, and experts.
- As a result, founders and investors no longer need to be physically located within the Silicon Valley geographic boundaries to benefit from the region’s innovation and creativity.
- Alpha Venture DAO is a Web 3 incubator that provides builders with strategic and tactical advice.
- Stacker Ventures is a community-owned venture capital protocol and accelerator.
- Decent Labs is a decentralized venture studio offering founders the tools they need to launch, scale, and succeed.
- New Order is an incubator, accelerator, and builder community focusing on DeFi (decentralized finance) development.
(2) Creating the University alternatives:
- Web3 is unbundling the university’s core functions into verticalized e-learning entities. The rise of web3 educational technology (EdTech) is now reshaping how we upskill, learn, connect, socialize, and find new jobs in the metaverse.
- Engineering school: Developer DAO provides Web3 development education.
- Tech Bootcamp: HypeverseDAO is a place where web3 builders learn how to build dApps.
- Scientific research: PsyDAO offers to fund researchers in the field of psychedelics.