Last updated: January 11, 2022
On this page is an ever-evolving list of evidence-based talking points and narratives for Basic Income that UBI Works has compiled. We invite you to use this as a resource and share it with other activists and politicians who may find it helpful in their advocacy. Click the arrow to expand the talking point.
Want to suggest an edit? Email firstname.lastname@example.org. Click on arrows to expand.
- Technology has contributed to job displacement and wage stagnation over the last 40 years.
- Nearly HALF of Canadian jobs are at high risk of automation in the coming years.
- Basic income increases entrepreneurship and gives everyone the ability to take risks.
- Basic income significantly improves health & educational outcomes.
- Basic income encourages work and ends the poverty trap of current social assistance programs.
- Basic income has broad public support across the political spectrum.
- Basic income can grow Canada's economy more than it costs — while ending poverty.
Download the **PDF version here.**
See a 2-page version of this factsheet here:
Canadian Basic Income Factsheet 2021