As a Developer Advocate at Trinsic, you'll have the opportunity to redefine how people around the world interact with their personal data and manage their identity. You'll be making the world and its useful services more accessible to people who desperately need it. The work you do will have a large, direct impact on both Trinsic and the world.
At the same time, you'll work with a supportive, remote team that loves to work intensely and have fun while doing it. We're a young startup, so you'll probably wear a lot of hats. We have a need for a high-empathy, business-savvy engineer to empower other developers. That means one day you might be coding a reference application, followed by writing technical documentation used by hundreds of developers, followed by defining product features for our backlog that will solve the problems faced by developers.
As a Developer Advocate, you'll:
- Become extremely knowledgeable about an emerging and rapidly growing technology (self-sovereign identity) by understanding, communicating, and documenting best practices
- Ensure developers always get the help they need by providing brilliant documentation, thoughtful technical support, and fostering the Trinsic community through the developer forum and Slack
- Make developers' lives easier by building and improving documentation, demos, sample applications, scripts, integrations, etc.
- Ensure our product reflects the needs of the developers in our community by collecting feedback, logging bugs, and contributing to the product yourself
- Maintain Trinsic's position as the go-to developer platform for decentralized identity by developing relationships with developers around the world and work with marketing to help developers tell their stories through technical content
The ideal candidate must have:
- A love for helping other people, working with them to solve problems, and teaching complex topics simply
- Very strong English communication capabilities, both written and verbal - other languages are a plus since we have users from over 50 countries
- An intellectual curiosity and high capacity for critical thinking from first principles to solve your own problems
- An excitement to work cross-functionally with everyone else on the team from marketing to product and engineering
- A sense of ownership and pride in their work by making and delivering on commitments and not being satisfied with anything less than excellence
- You should identify with the core values and philosophy of Trinsic and self-sovereign identity, namely privacy, autonomy, and individual dignity
- Experience as a software engineer on a product team or impressive personal/side projects where you integrated world-class developer tools like Stripe or Twilio
- Prior experience in a customer-facing role such as customer support/success, teaching, sales, etc.