What blockchain does Token Editions support?
The Ethereum blockchain allows for greater programmability of smart contracts and facilitates NFT sales for artists and collectors, making it the most commonly used blockchain for NFT art sales.
What is a wallet?
A wallet is a place to deposit, send, receive and view your digital assets, including NFTs and cryptocurrencies, such as Ether (ETH). You can also log-in to websites simply by connecting your wallet, replacing the password when you create an account. Safeguarded by public and private keys, your wallet is your pass to collecting your favorite NFTs and navigating the web3 with ease.
What wallet and cryptocurrency do I need to buy NFTs on Token Editions?
You’ll need a MetaMask wallet and Ether (ETH), the native cryptocurrency of the Ethereum blockchain. MetaMask is easy to use and can be set up in just a few minutes. See below for help setting up your wallet and adding ETH. (More Ethereum compatible wallets are coming soon).
How do I set up a MetaMask wallet?
- Install MetaMask for your browser: https://metamask.io/download/
- Once installed, click on the “Get Started” button that appears in a new tab.
- Next, click on “Let’s get set up”, to create your wallet.
- Create a secure password for your account.
- Watch the video about your Secret Recovery Phrase, a 12-word phrase that is the “Master Key” to your wallet and your funds.
- Unlock your Secret Recovery Phrase and store it somewhere safe.
- Confirm your Secret Recovery Phrase. Your wallet is now ready to use.
- Add Ether (ETH) to your wallet: You can purchase ETH directly via the MetaMask app, or on an exchange platform such as Coinbase, Binance, or Kraken, and then transfer it to your wallet.