Welcome Everyone 👋
The upcoming event on June 6th is a chance to see what TKS innovators have been up to in this program year! Projects include:
- Focus and hackathon projects, individual projects in emerging tech + science
- Moonshot projects, imagining a 10x better future with exponential technology
- Consulting challenges with the United Nations and Pathcheck, a digital contact tracer
The following info sheet will help you make the most of Showcase day!
11a-1120a ET - Launch + project highlight reel (Karthik, Henri, Zara)
1120a-1230p ET - Booths + Mingle
1230p - 1p Keynote ET - (Anas Chalah, Harvard SEAS Assistant Dean) + community panel (Christian, Sriya, Klara, Krupal, and Meera)
1p After party 🎊
What is Gather/Town
Gather**.**town is a web-conferencing software like Zoom, but with the added component of seeing the virtual “room” you and others are occupying, and with the ability to move around and interact with other participants based on your locations in the room, just like real life.
We’re using Gather.town to host the TKShowcase so you can walk around and interact with the projects made by our ambitious teens!
The Map has four main spaces with work embedded throughout.
- Meet + Mingle - this is free space to meet, mingle, and have conversations. The private spaces can be used for specific conversations like sitting at tables in real life, and different students will be hosting curated discussions.
- Focus Project Booths - the left side of the map will be booths for students to showcase their individual work in exponential tech and sciences
- Hackathons and Challenge Booths - the right side is a series of booths for students to show work they've done in 24 hours hackathons, and 4 week challenges with the United Nations
- Gallery Space - the top of the map is a walk through gallery for you to click and check out different student projects across life science, deep tech, hackathons, and challenges.