📍 Remote 🕒 Full-time 💵 Competitive Salary + Equity Compensation
Who We Are
The Landing is a digital space for visual curation. Our mission is to empower diverse creative expression. We provide the flexible tools you need to design your own corner of the internet - and easily explore others. Our community connects over everything from abstract visions to real-life plans, saved products to whole vibes.
Backed by Cowboy Ventures and a stellar group of investors, we raised $2.5M in seed funding to build an unstoppable team, product, and community. Our launch was featured in TechCrunch and Crunchbase, with previous features in Domino, People Home and more.
With thousands of new users and organic growth taking off (check out our TikTok), The Landing is looking for a Full Stack Engineer to help us build and scale a world class product. This person would work directly with Caroline, our new Head of Engineering who brings a wealth of experience leading and scaling startup teams.
At The Landing, you'll join a high-performing, mission-driven team that strives to empower creators every single day. We work creatively, thoughtfully, and ambitiously through our core values:
- Empower excellence with empathy: We empower our team through our culture and commitment to each person's development. We believe in radical candor.
- Diverse spaces are creative spaces: We cultivate inclusion and fundamentally believe in the power of diverse perspectives to build a flywheel of creativity.
- Create space for joy: Our product is fun!! And so are we :) We're building for the joy of discovery, connection, and design through creative expression.
- Build for long term sustainability: We make intentional decisions for long-term sustainability and success of our business, team, culture, and creators.
- Do, share, listen, and learn: We demonstrate a bias toward action, collaboration, feedback, and iterative progress. We take ownership and we bring curiosity.
Who You Are
We're looking for a dynamic and experienced engineer to join our team. Our dream candidate would demonstrate the following qualities:
- Startup mentality — You believe in rapid iteration, failing and continuously learning from our users to improve. You understand the tradeoffs of limited startup resources and time to market. You love what you're working on, and are deeply ingrained in solving the problem. You're excited to be part of our founding team and help shape our culture as we grow.
- Ownership of the end-to-end experience — You will be empowered to take ownership and make instant impact to the product. You will bring learnings and ideas to every discussion, and always represent the voice of our users. You fix problems when you see them, even if it's not your task, constantly contributing to make every user experience feel beautiful and improving the ecosystem for the next engineer that views the code.
- Engineer — You’ll be responsible for all aspects of engineering, from implementing beautiful UX/UI, designing data models, implementing and consuming our GraphQL api, analytics and tracking, running db migrations, improving code quality and CI/CD. You'll be responsible for helping to improve the architecture and to continue modernizing the stack, as well as enforcing best practices and a high quality of output.
- Impact-driven product thinker — You will be involved in every aspect of the product development process, from prioritization & scoping to implementation. You will constantly need to weigh the need to invest in long-term improvements against the urgency of getting features out the door. We’ll rely on your judgement and leadership.