📞 +1 250 885 1311
📧1-121 South Turner St., Victoria, BC V8V 2J9
Research Associate at the World Data System - International Technology Office (WDS-ITO); Ocean Networks Canada at the University of Victoria.
Work experience on LinkedIn
Alicia Urquidi Díaz, PhD, MLIS - Research Associate - World Data System | LinkedIn
Academic work on ORCID
Alicia Urquidi Diaz (0000-0001-9766-3545)
"I admire [Alicia's] ability to find structure in chaos, see solutions where others see problems, and create perspective from within the most entangled of positions"
💡 Connect to & query data sources
- Get data by crawling websites or querying an API with Python (cURL, wget..).
- Query a linked open data (RDF) endpoint with SPARQL.
- Use an OS (Linux/Ubuntu or Windows) without a GUI (but also with a GUI), and I can connect to a remote server.
- Use Jupyter Notebooks, (often for Python, almost always for R).
Personal sandbox on GitHub
aliciuki - Overview
💡 Refine data & give it structure
- Turn unstructured data (especially text files) into structured datasets with regex, Python, R, Pandoc, and other tricks and hacks.
- Use Python and OxygenXML to manipulate structured data as JSON(L), XML.
- Design and build a relational database to contain structured datasets, using MySQL/MS SQL.