About The Folklore
The Folklore Group is a conglomerate of B2B, consumer, and media products that enable the global ecosystem to seamlessly discover, connect with, and shop African and diasporic designer brands. Our primary product, The Folklore Connect, is a wholesale e-commerce platform that empowers global retailers to discover and shop African and diasporic designer fashion and lifestyle brands. The Folklore Connect provides technology that enables brands to streamline and scale their wholesale business and retailers to seamlessly find and order fantastic products.
The Folklore is a Techstars (Seattle 21’) and venture capital-backed company that has been featured by Vogue, Forbes, TechCrunch, Fast Company, and Inc. The company has a history of partnering with top luxury corporations like Farfetch to further promote its efforts to increase the visibility, opportunities, and financial success of designers in Africa and the diaspora.
About The Role
The Folklore is searching for an Sales Development Representative with 1-3 years of experience to help grow The Folklore Connect’s brand and retailer customers. This position will report to the Sr. Director of Sales. This individual will have a significant impact and aid in the development and execution of the company's sales strategy, sales pipeline, sales messaging, experimental selling activities, and the achievement of our sales goals. This role will require you to directly source and engage with new or existing brand and retailer accounts. This is an opportunity to get in on the ground level and work closely with management to develop a barrier breaking, world-class company that will forever change the landscape of wholesale capabilities in emerging markets.
- Identify and help create a sales pipeline of key and emerging brands across multiple categories including: contemporary/advanced contemporary/luxury apparel, accessories, beauty, and homeware.
- Identify and help create a sales pipeline of retailers across multiple outlets: Department Stores, Mid Tier, Chain Stores, Specialty Stores, Ecommerce Retailers, and Boutiques
- Help improve lead generation tactics and strategies to strengthen and grow the brand and retailer pipelines.
- Re-engage existing brand users to add new collections to and update their digital showrooms periodically to appeal to new retailers.
- Cultivate and maintain strong and positive relationships with brand and retailer partners, to ensure expectations are being met and explore ways to improve their experience.
- Assist Sr. Directors in identifying and selecting sales tools (CRM platforms, ERP platforms, other software/tech solutions, etc.) to engage in soliciting and maintaining relationships with brand and retailer partners.
- Execute upon selling strategies for the year/quarter/month to successfully hit KPIs and consistently monitor progress of your goals.
- Collaborate with cross functional partners in engineering and marketing to stay up-to-date on product offerings, align on appropriate messaging, feedback, and work on projects.
- Manage a portfolio of brands and retailers. Ensure sales goals are being realized, partners are active and using The Folklore Connect features and resources, and maintaining relationships.
Who You Are
- A strong leader that takes action and can make adjustments when necessary.
- Multi-brand wholesale showroom or in-house wholesale sales experience
- Great communication skills, continuous learning, and bias for action.
- Great team player with passion for encouraging cross-functional collaboration and alignment.
- You are a creative problem-solver. You excel at identifying simple solutions to tough problems.