Tarjimly deeply respects the knowledge and expertise of certified translators and interpreters. We fully support paying certified and community interpreters when possible, and advise organizations to use these professional interpreters and translators for high risk situations (e.g. high stakes medical and legal work). We also recognize there are many situations where language access is a problem, but hiring an interpreter or translator is not a viable solution. These are situations where professionals are not being used, and refugees and immigrants are the ones who suffer as a result. This is where Tarjimly aids in increasing language access, and in turn equitable service provision.
General Use Cases
- Interpreting without advanced notice.
- When organizations or individuals do not have the funds to hire a certified interpreter
- The task is not deemed "important enough" to pay for a certified interpreter
- The organization mainly serves refugees and immigrants from varied backgrounds and does not have staff who speak all required languages
- Communicating information that does not include Personally Identifiable Information (PII)
- Remote communication
- Empowering refugees, immigrants and asylum seekers to advocate for themselves
- Actively protect your information
- Do not use Tarjimly for personal purposes
- Do not use Tarjimly for reasons beyond translation and interpretation