A support and knowledge exchange network of groups and individuals who are custodians of the village and church halls in Dunbar, East Linton and the area (Ward 6).
The village and church halls in the area make important contributions to the life of our communities.
By working together through this network we aim to strengthen our local communities, improve local cohesion, reduce isolation and enhance collective resilience.
We aspire to:
- Look after and improve our buildings
- Enable and support our users to hold events safely and successfully
- Follow best practice in governance and community engagement
- Share community events with wider networks
- Adopt a more coordinated approach to reaching out to people living locally
To achieve our aims and aspirations we will:
- Stay in touch and meet regularly
- Collectively seek solutions
- Use a collective 'voice' when necessary
- Ask for advice and support as and when required
- Consider community engagement activities together and share good practice
- Extend community engagement and decision making
- Develop and nurture professional relationships with other network members