What we're looking for
Socratic is looking for a big-brained, small-ego builder who excels in wide open environments. You'll partner with our founders to help develop the product from private beta through public launch and beyond. This is a rare chance to help reinvent a legacy space with a next-gen solution.
- Author server-side code in Node.js.
- Architect data flow from client to server to database and back.
- Build APIs according to specs.
- Create libraries in Node.js that enable modular, extensible design.
- Build integrations to various third party cloud applications/web services.
- BS/BA in Computer Science or equivalent industry experience.
- Experience in data modeling and data pipelines.
- 3+ years of professional development in Node.js
- 5+ years of professional development focusing on server/backend functionality.
- 5+ years of developing production quality code.
- Propensity to write performant and scalable code.
- Proficiency in the fundamentals of data structures and algorithms.
- Experience deploying to AWS, GCP, Azure or other infrastructure providers.
Nice to have:
- Experience with distributed programming and microservices.