We aim to always reflect these in the way we operate at work.
- We're honest about how we feel, and we make it easy for others to tell us 'difficult' things.
- We don't shy away from potential conflict.
- We can absolutely trust that if a team member says they're happy with our work, they are.
- We are low ego, and we welcome feedback that can help us grow.
- We aren't hierarchical by default, and will share any information that isn't confidential. Information is not power.
- We own our mistakes.
- We seek feedback and want to know where we can improve.
- When someone gives us difficult to hear feedback, before anything else we say thank you.
- When we give difficult feedback to hear, we do so kindly and respectfully.
A great way to foster this is using the rules of non-violent communication.
- We make decisions in a way that everyone can follow.
- We can clearly explain all thought process / assumptions behind decisions.