Dan and Sam co-founded Shypyard in 2021 with the mission to empower entrepreneurs with the right tools to achieve their dreams. While selling on Shopify, they personally experienced the daily operational and business challenges many entrepreneurs face, so they decided to build Shypyard to solve this problem.
They first met at Facebook. Sam grew up in Taiwan, primarily worked at Facebook Marketplace team as a senior engineer, and later created one of the most popular Shopify sizing apps (Kiwi Sizing) with over 14k active merchants. Dan is from Canada and subsequently worked at LinkedIn as a senior product manager, building recommendation products that were responsible for millions of people finding jobs through LinkedIn.
Shypyard mission is to empower entrepreneurs with the right tools to grow their business. Founded by former Facebook and LinkedIn alum, our first product helps modern merchants and brands automate their business planning and free themselves from Excel. Our solutions unlock time and resources for merchants to do the things they love, whether that’s bring cool products to market, building a brand or growing their customer base.
The company has raised a seed round in early 2022, backed by leading Silicon Valley investors (more public information to be found in press release soon). We offer competitive compensation, equity, and benefits.
How is it like working with us?
- Focus on Impact: As an early engineering hire, you will have the opportunity to work closely with the founders, designers and PMs to shape the product and work on challenging technical problems. What we care most about is delivering real value to the customer by listening to customer feedbacks and constantly iterating on the product.
- Moving fast: We are a fully distributed team between the US and Taiwan. As a small team, we work very closely and move quickly on product decisions and developments. We are looking for folks who want to be constantly challenged in a fast-moving environment.
- Communicate Transparently and openly: We strongly believe in transparency, and we communicate over Slack, Notion, and Tandem with any product direction or decision we make. We are also open to discussions regarding any product decisions.
- Working autonomously: you will be given full autonomy and trust on running your projects end-to-end, while still communicating early and frequently with other team members to stay aligned on the project goals and implementations.
What would you be doing?
- Architect and implement the frontend system
- Work closely with designer and PM on delivering the best user experience
- Mentor and lead junior engineers & interns
- Help assess and recruit future engineers
What are we looking for?
- 3+ years of software engineering experience
- Excellent communication skills (English Reading/Writing skills are required)
- Experienced with frontend technologies like css, React, TypeScript, Redux, & graphQL