We are looking for an operations manager to drive our day-to-day efforts to stay on top of payment operational needs and improve our operational flows and processes. This person would be our liaison to ensure payments run smoothly at Safepay. Just as Safepay works to provide the best payments experience possible, our team ensures that the merchant’s payment experience is best in class.
As a transition towards becoming a Product Manager, you will be responsible for owning and driving a critical product and business problem throughout its lifecycle - identifying & prioritizing problems, solving them and designing the GTM strategy. They drive everything about their problem area - from defining the annual roadmap to running fortnightly sprints; while collaborating with internal and external stakeholders. Our PMs are empowered to make the right decisions and we encourage a culture of celebrating failures that enable us to take appropriate risks in the process.
This role is an integral part of the team that is responsible for developing and implementing the company’s payments strategy and is based in Karachi, Pakistan.
Your day-to-day will involve:
- Coordinating with internal teams and external partners to fine-tune existing payment processes, investigate issues as they arise, identify any bugs that need addressing, and track issues to resolution
- Identifying new opportunities, with respect to operational components, for performance improvement, cost savings and risk mitigation with vendors and other payment partners
- Providing operations support during the launches of new payment providers, methods of payment, etc.
- Managing the global payment processor relationships
- Working cross-functionally throughout the organization (engineering, data science, finance, CS, legal, etc.) to build a best-in-class payment program
- Review transactions on a monthly basis to identify ongoing patterns or concerns and assist customer support as an escalation point for risk reviews.
Once you transition to a Product Manager role, your day-to-day will involve:
- Devise Product Strategy: Define both long term strategy and quarterly roadmap to achieve the product vision and create impact.
- Product Conceptualization with a problem first, data-driven and test & iterate approach. Ensures conceptualization from a platform and a long-term view. Ensures value-based prioritization of product initiatives.
- Collaborate with Engineering and Design to build products that customers love. Produce high-quality product specifications and effectively prioritize and manage the scope of each product launch to deliver products and features on time.
- Draft and execute a go-to-market plan in conjunction with Product Marketing. Be the internal and external authority and advocate for your given area of focus.
What we are looking for:
- Familiar with global payment systems and methods of payments - 2 years experience or more ideal