- Multi-purpose jig for:
- Aligning fins
- Drilling and countersinking holes
- Light-duty routing (fin slots)
- [ ] Decide where friction tape should be installed
- [ ] Design hole drilling jig
- [x] Decide on Dremel mount for fin slots:
335 01 Plunge Router Attachment - dremel.com
Precision Router Base
Notes & Decisions
The fin jig is made with two different thicknesses of birch plywood
- Thick sides with routed channels: 12 mm (~1/2")
- Ends & sliding plates: 6 mm (~1/4")
Dry-fit, the main "box" is:
- 13 9/16" long
- 9 7/16" wide
- 8 9/16" tall
To cover all the sliding surfaces with friction tape it will take:
- 12 strips that are 8 9/16" long, or 78 3/4"
- There is enough space to fit a 1/2" wide piece of tape on both sides of the screw channels of the floating end caps
- The floating end caps fit closely within the protruding ends of the "box"
- They will need to be lightly sanded on the vertical edges
- The Nylo-tape will need to be cut down to 6mm from 1/2"
Which size of drill guide to get?
KANZAWA K-801 Drill Guide With 10 mm Chuck (Upgrade K-802)
KANZAWA K-801-2 Drill Guide With 13 mm Chuck (Upgrade K-802-2)
Parts & Supplies