💜 If you’re reading this, CONGRATULATIONS! This means you have received an offer to join Remote and we couldn’t be more excited! As soon as you receive the offer, our partners at Veremark will get in touch with you for a simple Employment Verification check to make sure we remain compliant and that there are no bumps on a (hopefully long) road. You can find more information to help guide you through this process below.
What is Veremark?
- Veremark is an employment background check system integrated into Greenhouse (our ATS) via an API. Read more about it here.
- Please note we have a 15 working day SLA in place with Veremark for results of the Employment Verification to be completed. This can vary depending on jurisdiction and other factors. If this timeframe somehow becomes a blocker for you, please flag this to your Recruiter and email us at firstname.lastname@example.org immediately.
What type of verifications is Remote running?
- Currently we only run Employment Verifications. Employment Verification checks are not the same thing as Reference checks. They involve verifying the employment history of a candidate to create a detailed account of employment.
- Your last employer will be contacted to confirm key information such as Employer name, Period of Employment, Job title, Manager Title you reported into, and Type of Employment.
- Candidates will be asked to provide their permission and details to Veremark for Employment Verification checks to be carried out.
What does the Veremark candidate experience look like?
Why is this needed?
- Remote's employees handle very sensitive information across multiple countries. Compliance and transparency are primordial in the type of business and industry we are in. In a nutshell, by running these easy checks we reduce our risks of non-compliance and can guarantee that our customers’ data is safe and secured.
Will you contact my current employer?
- No. Due to sensitivity of this issue, we are only checking your previous completed employment, and will not contact your current employer.
My last completed employment is with an employer that no longer exists (e.g. went bankrupt) - what can I do?
I’ve only had one Employer so far and it’s my current Employer / I only did internships so far. What can I do?
- Please email us at email@example.com so we can come up with a solution together with our partner, Veremark.
I’ve submitted the wrong information and I can’t edit it. Where should I go for help?