Quadrant Eye (QE) is a deep tech startup that is bringing high-quality eyecare to all.
Some QE highlights:
🐝 We're a team of renegades: ex-founders, surgeons, scientists, digital nomads, and polymath hackers.
💸 Our backers include Y Combinator, Khosla Ventures, and the creator of Google Image Search.
🍥 We're a mission-driven company tackling an eye health market worth $USD137B.
🌟 Our core focus in the coming months is the development of patentable deep tech.
🔬 Our founders:
- Quinn is a Duke and UCSF-trained cataract surgeon who loves skiing up volcanoes, and
- Kristine is a UC Berkeley-trained biologist/engineer who likes exploring ghost towns.
- 💛 Inclusive: We design our products, services, collaborations, and employment opportunities to include people regardless of geography, socioeconomic background, insurance status, and general life circumstances.
- 🐝 Transparent: We believe that organizational opacity leads to harmful politics, shortcuts, and dishonesty; therefore, we strive to be transparent with our policies, decisions, and mistakes.
- 🌻 Dependable: We depend and rely on each other to carry out our responsibilities with integrity and to put our people and our company mission first.
- 🌞 Transformative: We are changing how people think about and access eyecare.
- ✨ Altruistic: We are all here to be good and do good.
Our Current Team
- Quinn Wang, Co-founder & CEO
- Kristine Hara, Co-founder & CTO
- Alex Akagi, Founding Engineer
- Enoch Chang, Engineer in Residence
- Tyler Boyd, Lead Optometrist
- Cindy Cork, Head of Patient Success
Head of Research