Primer is an early stage startup backed by Europe's leading investors (early investors in Revolut, MySQL, TransferWise, UiPath).
Primer consolidates e-commerce merchants' payments services stack through a unified API and front-end checkout. But that's just to start...
We want you! 🤩
We're looking for super ambitious, product minded folks to join our rapidly growing engineering org.
We are remote-first 🌏
Started in just January of this year, our team currently sits across London 🇬🇧, Paris 🇫🇷, Wales 🏴 and Berlin 🇩🇪.
Our tech + how we work 🤖
- Our core backend is built with Python, but is being quickly adapted as requirements dictate. Critical components of our architecture will be split in to dedicated microservices, where we'll be looking at higher performant languages for mission-critical functionality.
- We believe in using the best tools for the job, and value engineering expertise over language prowess.
- We value: documentation, test coverage, documentation, code review, documentation, CI/CD and documentation.
- We predominantly communicate over Slack, making little use of email internally. We do daily standups each morning via Google Hangouts. Github is our repo of choice and we track progress via project boards.
- We encourage discussion and debate, but place tremendous value on pragmatism and optimising for output. We're solving new categories of problems, and understand our very best functionality will come about as a result of deep technical insights driven by engineering.
You should apply if...
- You're passionate about building beautifully crafted APIs and creating awesome developer experiences. Primer is geared towards engineers and data teams. Build a product you would use yourself, and bring your unique insight and perspective to the table as an engineer in shaping our overarching product offering.
- You like solving big problems. Our greatest challenges are yet on the horizon, and we'll need super hard working and creative minds to solve foundational infrastructure challenges for the world's largest online merchants and payments facilitators.
- You value autonomy, moving fast and getting lots done. We have no time or interest for bureaucracy and micromanagement - we're moving super fast and you'll be required to take responsibility for delivering end to end to product.
- You want to make a huge impact, and share in the success of a company you've helped build. Our engineering team is 6 strong today, but we started only this year and are just getting started.