The Barcelona Wine Bar (https://barcelonawinebar.com/) may be a good option as well, but it is important to check about their vegetarian options.
The Oh My Soul restaurant (see below) would also fit this category. It has lots of options, including great vegan ice creams.
Ice cream places
- Jeni’s Splendid Ice Creams (some lactose-free options): the franchise website is https://jenis.com/. The best location in town is at 416 E 36th St Suite 400, Charlotte, NC 28205, next to the 36th St station of the light rail (just a few stations south of UNC Charlotte).
- Oh My Soul (vegan restaurant and bakery): Located in the Arts District of Charlotte, North Carolina – OH MY SOUL is NoDa's first vegan restaurant. Address: 3046 N Davidson St, Charlotte, NC 28205. Website: [https://ohmysoulusa.com](https://ohmysoulusa.com./)
Coffee shops and bakeries
- Smelly Cat (small and simple, may only have tables outside): https://smellycatcoffee.com/ (the address is 514 E 36th Street Charlotte, NC 28205, and this is not far from Jeni’s ice cream place at the 36th St. light rail stop).
- Central Coffee (also small and simple, but this one has tables inside and it is the favorite of many Charlotteans): https://centralcoffeeco.com/ (the address is 1700 Camden Rd #101Charlotte, NC 28203 and it is close to the East/ West Station light rail station)
- Amélie's French Bakery (several locations, including one close to the light rail station in 36th Street): https://www.ameliesfrenchbakery.com/