Thank you for your interest in writing a guest article for Capsid & Tail!
✅ Ready to submit? → Submit your article here!
📌 Note: We review guest blog submissions on a quarterly basis; so keep an eye on four deadlines throughout the year if you're thinking of contributing!
- For consideration for publication between Oct-Dec, please submit by Sept 1.
- For Jan-Mar, submit by Dec 1.
- For Apr-June, submit by Mar 1.
- For July-Sept, submit by June 1.
Submissions will be published on an approximately first-come, first-served basis, depending on any editing / back-and-forth that may be required.
Overview of our process
- First, have a look at the guide below to understand a bit about our audience and the styles and topics we typically look for (though feel free to be creative!)
- Submit your article here: https://airtable.com/shrSlg0rp76nSWHHQ
- If accepted, your article will go into our publishing queue, and we'll let you know when we have a target publication date
- After publishing, we'll share a link with you that you can share with colleagues, friends, and beyond!
1,200+ subscribers from 81+ countries as of Nov 2021, composed mainly of:
- Phage researchers (ranging from undergrad students to faculty, academic to industry to government)
- People working in phage biotech (ranging from scientists to executives)
- People new to the phage field (science journalists, healthcare professionals, etc.)
- People interested in keeping up to date with the phage field (investors, pharma, government, public)
Although a large proportion of our audience is generally knowledgeable about phages, we aim to keep Capsid & Tail light and readable, and NOT highly technical. We want this to be easy reading—an interesting tidbit that doesn't require a lot of concentration (each article should take ~5-10 minutes to read). Feel free to use active voice and first person pronouns, and to be conversational!
Choosing a topic
- Choose a phage-related topic (feel free to bounce ideas off of us ahead of time)