Linked databases let you show, filter, and sort the same database in multiple places (elsewhere on the same page and/or elsewhere in your workspace) as many times as you want.
Create a linked database
+ that appears in the left margin on hover, or type
/linked and press
- A menu will pop up that allows you to type to search for specific databases in your workspace. You can also scroll to browse.
- The database you select will show up as a copy of the original, which you can filter, sort, and view differently without changing the original.
Edit a linked database
Think of a linked database as a two-way excerpt of the source database.
- When interacting with a linked database, the views, filters, or sorts you create and delete will not affect the views on the original database.
- However, edits you make to the actual content or properties of a linked database will be reflected in the original.
- You can add as many linked databases as you would like in-line on a single page. Filter them for different purposes to create your own dashboard.
- I tried sharing a page with a linked database, but the recipient wasn't able to see it.
- Can I name my linked database something different from the original database?