Everything you do in Notion takes place in a workspace. It's your virtual desktop to organize information and create things exactly the way you want — as just one person, together as a team, or across a whole company. Expand, edit, and mold it to fit your needs!
Here, we'll walk you through the features and tools that define every Notion workspace and how to use them!
- Notion's expandable sidebar is your navigation system.
- All the pages and databases you create will appear here.
- You can nest pages inside each other for infinite levels of organization.
- It's also home to your settings, trash, and other tools. We'll give you a tour below.
- This is where all the content you create lives 🖋
- Control menus are at the top (we'll go through those in more detail), but otherwise, Notion's editor is a blank canvas for you to write, plan, brainstorm, etc.
- You'll notice that as soon as you start typing in this space, those top menus fade into the background, leaving you with your thoughts in a spacious zone of focus.
The control panel at the top of your sidebar contains several key features: