Want to work in Notion with someone outside your team or company? You can invite guests to view or edit as many pages as you want. They'll only see what you want them to see, and you can give them different viewing and editing capabilities.
Guests vs. members
Guests are individuals external to your team who you invite into your workspace on a page-by-page basis. Common examples of helpful guests include:
- Contractors or interns who are working with you temporarily.
- If you're a contractor, you might invite your clients to work on pages as guests.
- Friends, family, mentors, etc. that you want to have contribute to or review your work.
Here's how the Notion experience is different for guests:
- They can't be given workspace-wide access. They must be invited to individual pages in order to view them and their sub-pages.
- They can't create new pages outside of the ones they have access to.
- They can't be added to groups of members. More on those here →
- They can't adjust workspace settings or billing information.
- They can't add new members to your workspace.
- Otherwise, they have the same capabilities as all other members.
👉 Note: If you're on a Notion paid plan, you aren't billed more for guests, only members.
Add a guest
On any page you want to share with a guest:
- Go to
Share at the top right.