This guide will touch on some of the specifics required when you build an N2x engine block.
(The N2x Platform shares around ~80% of its engine parts with the N55 and about ~60% with the S55, the N2x also shares some similarities with the BMW Prince Engines (N14, N18 etc)).
Please note, below information is an additional guide - this should be used in conjunction with the BMW N20 / N26 rebuild guide located in either BMW TIS/ISTA or equivalent.
Click the arrows to expand the menu.
Required Parts and/or Procedures for forging the N2x:
- Timing Chain, Oil Pump Chain, Chain Guides, Drive Sprockets.
- Notching The Cylinders For Upgraded Connecting Rods.
- Installing Sleeves Into The Engine Block.
- Closed Deck Conversion Information.
- Required OEM Replacement Bolts & Gaskets.
- Cylinder Head Cracking Current Prevention Method.
- Modification Of The Engine Block To Suit 10x 11mm ARP Head Studs (Including Head Stud Torque procedure). (Stock headstuds fail over 30psi of boost!)
- Modification Of The ARP Main Studs To Allow Clearance For The Oil Pump/ Balancer Module.
Forged Internal Part Options:
- Connecting Rods, "Conrods", "Rods".
- Forged Pistons.
- Head Gasket Options.