⚡️ Monash Association of Coding
<img src="https://s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/secure.notion-static.com/a0bf90b6-f176-496a-9072-7155e1e0d37f/logo-small-03.png" alt="https://s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/secure.notion-static.com/a0bf90b6-f176-496a-9072-7155e1e0d37f/logo-small-03.png" width="40px" /> We're a club focused on imparting valuable technical skills and industry-relevant experience to students wanting to break into the tech industry.
🤝 Marketing @ MAC
ℹ️ We're a close-knit team working collaboratively to help generate awareness for our club and promote all things MAC related!
We're the fun and creative team that's always looking for ways to stand out from the crowd! Our mission is to foster growth in our MAC community by creating meaningful content that resonates with our members.
If you've seen our marketing, you can see that we don't like to keep things simple. We like to innovate and think of new ways our club can be unique and visually appealing compared to others. If this sounds like you and you also don't like to settle for the norm, we'd love to have you in our team!
We have a broad range of responsibilities, some of which include:
- Establishing and upholding the MAC brand — this is a major focus for 2021 and will be done with the design team
- Creating marketing campaigns that align with MAC events (particularly sponsored ones) and sponsorship promotions
- Increasing awareness of the club within the Monash community — recently, the virtual thing has allowed us to reach other Universities around Victoria (we've also got some global followers!)
- Engaging with our members and other audiences through creation of meaningful content — this is where innovation comes in!
🧐 About the Role
ℹ️ We're all-rounders from all different backgrounds. Our common denominator is that we all love technology, making an impact (we like to be proud of the work how far good marketing as brought MAC 🥳 ) and working in a close-knit team.
Day in the life
In this role, you'll get...
- to write social media captions and event descriptions
- to assist with the creation of content for platforms such as Instagram and Facebook (this includes creating graphics for stories)
- to post and launch events and content on our social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Discord)
- to attend committee and marketing meetings
- to collaborate with the rest of the team, particularly sponsorship and events to ensure timely and quality workflow
- to conduct research and come up with new and innovative ideas to keep our marketing on trend
Sometimes you may even get...
- to learn about UI/UX and graphic design (we work closely with the design team!)
On day one, we'll expect you to...
- Be able to complete tasks in a timely manner and be reliable
- Be able to ask for help when needed
- Have the ability to take on constructive feedback
- Know when to take initiative
- Have strong written and verbal communication skills
- Be able to work in a team — this is important but perhaps the most important for the marketing portfolio due to the high output rate