Remote / Full-Time
At Mochary Method, we are creating software that helps CEOs operate their companies effectively, built upon the foundational ideas of the Mochary Method.
Our founder, Matt Mochary, is the leading tech CEO coach in the world. He currently coaches CEOs such as Brian Armstrong (Coinbase), Steve Huffman (Reddit), Henrique Dubugras and Pedro Franceschi (Brex), and many more. He started Mochary Method because CEOs of these companies were wishing for software to implement the company operating system that is Mochary Method.
We are a remote-first company with a team of 11 based in the USA, South America, and EU. (When we co-work, we do so during California working hours.) As a small team, we’re all generalists and constantly picking up new challenges. We’re looking for experienced people who can pick a problem and solve it.
→ You can learn more about us here
→ You can learn more about our vision here
What You'll Do
- Build features that make companies feel super-powered
- Contribute to the overall decision-making about engineering direction
- Work cross-functionally on the entire stack: Typescript, React, NextJS, MongoDB, NestJS, and GraphQL
- Create, collaborate, and iterate on shipping high-quality products
By Day 30...
- Read Mochary Method Curriculum
- Shadow multiple engineers to learn our entire tech stack, release process, etc..
- Contributed to the codebase by completing 5 tickets in our Bug/UI Fixes dashboard
- Be reading and secondary-reviewer of at least 5 MR's in Gitlab
- Do 4 coaching sessions with your manager to familiarize yourself with the tool
- Write integration tests for a single part of the system that is missing that you interacted with while working
- Write documentation for a single part of the system that is missing or poorly documented that you ran into trouble with while working
By Day 60...
- Shadow meetings where architecture is being discussed and decided upon
- Start working on small-to-medium-size projects, picking them up as you finish bug/ui fixes
- Be reading and secondary-reviewer of at least 10 MR's in Gitlab
- Create 1 new spec for a project that you feel our tool is missing. Share it for feedback with peers and to create buy-in.
- Write integration tests for 3 parts of the system that are missing that you interacted with while working
- Write documentation for 3 parts of the system that are missing or poorly documented that you ran into trouble with while working
By Day 90...
- Have successfully shipped a least one small and one medium size project
- Be reading and primary-reviewer of at least 5 MR's in Gitlab
- Started working on a large project, helping flesh out the spec and begun engineering
- Be making decisions about code and architecture projects as they come up
You might be a good fit if you...
- You’re independent, self-motivated, and can stay efficient and productive without someone looking over your shoulder all day long
- You are a voracious learner
- You have experience in shipping products with great user experience and care about the details