👋 Hey there!
Not sure how you came across this link, but I'm glad you did. We're hiring here at team Lazer and would love to have you!
Read through the doc below, and if you end up interested, send an email to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org with some info about yourself
Who Are You?
We're Lazer, a team of ~65 engineers that loves building products for ourselves and for some of the best companies in the world
In 2019 we sold our first company, Fiix (you can read about it here), but we didn't want to stop working together after the sale, we wanted to keep building without the weight of meeting investor expectations, nor the stress from a typical "job"
So we started our next company, Lazer, where we get to:
- Experiment: One of the best parts of constantly launching new products with new clients is we get to try new technologies all the time. Because a client needs it, someone on the team will often learn a new technology, and then share the learnings with everyone. We're the type of people that just like to try things, for example see this, or even this.
- Not be managed: We're radically flat, meaning we don't have any bosses, project managers, technical leads, etc. Everyone (except Arif who does sales, and Jackson who handles design) is an engineer - on the same level. The type of engineer that likes to understand a problem, and solve it all the way from wireframes to release.
- Have fun: In the realest way, we know every company says this and then gives you free food as a ploy to get you to work until 10pm, but we're different. We usually come into the office around 10, grab lunch together, and start playing smash around 5 - it's a low stress, high learning, high enjoyment atmosphere. Before COVID hit, we had planned for the whole team to go to Jamaica - but for now that distant dream lives on as our Zoom backgrounds.
- Work on challenging projects that change often: Lazer likes to come into a project, take on a hard, significant piece (or the entire thing), and move on. If you're on a project for a long time, you can switch to another - it's like having multiple careers in one
- As local or remote as you desire: Some of us are in Toronto, and others in the South of France - we're happy for you to work form wherever you want. For instance, Khallil moved to Hawaii for 4 months, and we'd encourage you to try doing the same
Okay I Like It, Who Are You Looking For?
We're particularly interested in the breed of software engineer who:
- Has extensive React, React Native, Node,or Python experience