To set yourself up for success in Job Search, do the following immediately:
- [ ] Ensure that Your Student Profile is complete with
- [ ] Update your technical skills, preferred roles and location preferences.
- [ ] Update links to your resume, Github, and LinkedIn
- [ ] Indicate interest in Fellows and Public Profiles - do this by answering the questions under "Job Preferences". More details on Public Profiles here.
- [ ] Take the Codesignal GCA if you don't have a score of 650+
- [ ] Enroll in the Job Search Onboarding Canvas Course. This video-based course will guide you through resume, job search and outreach best practices. If you can't access the course through the Self-Enroll link above, you can view the same content here using Codex.
First Month Goals
- [ ] Complete the Job Search Onboarding Canvas Course. This course will teach you everything from how to apply, do outreach, prep for an interview and much more! (Link to course)
- [ ] Apply to 10 jobs every week and log it using Job Tracker
- [ ] Reach out to 10 people every week and log it using Job Tracker
- [ ] Achieve a 650+ on the CodeSignal GCA, if you haven't already (link to test)
- [ ] Green Github 15+ days of the month or complete 10+ code challenges
- [ ] Secure 1 interview in your first 30 days of job searching. Graduates with 1 interview in the first 30 days are 3x more likely to get a job in 90 days. This interview doesn't have to be at your dream company, in fact, it is better if it isn't. If you only work toward one goal, let it be this!
Lambda School offers two programs to help you get your foot in the door. Find out what is needed from you and how to qualify for these to increase your chances of landing a job:
Hiring Partner Opportunities
These tools will help you find jobs, keep track of your job search and facilitate a faster job search. We highly recommend using Job Tracker to keep track of all applications, outreach and interviews.
- Lambda Careers Site - The place to do your job search. This site helps you track your 10/10/10 goals and offers you jobs to apply to + people to reach out to.
- Your Job Tracker - A tool that helps you keep track of all the jobs you're interested in, applied for, reached out to, and interviewing for.
- Lambda Chrome Extension - A Chrome extension that helps you save jobs from around the internet to your Job Tracker.
- **Job Finder** - Find junior roles that fit your profile information.