These components are separate entities but integrate with each other allowing for the use of just one or the other, or ideally both:
- Learning Module a digestible and actionable tree-based or linear progression of skills building on each other - each with a clear goal or end result.
- Plan is how the goal in each module is achieved. Daily and weekly tasks, milestones, reminders, etc.
Modules are the core - highly actionable, rich guides for skills, habits, and knowledge.
They could be created by an interested third party, say Nike for running - the app would give them a framework to fit into with exposure to people and the app would receive content in return. This is also the cleanest revenue stream I can imagine right now.
What differentiates a module from a self-help book, an article, or even an in-person class?
- It can be 2D - think of a classic RPG character progression skill tree
- It can react to the user's real world
- It keeps track of progress and can dynamically calculate how much is left, how much is completed
- They are inhertiable, connectable, and recursive
- Progression data could be aggregated on a large scale to identify common trip-ups and the plan be re-worked to avoid them
General Reading, Video, Inspiration
A small sampling of what's out there now.