Overview · About · Programme Milestones · Links · FAQ · IxDA SG
Foster the growth of design practitioners by connecting designers and researchers with experienced mentors.
The second run will be from September 1, 2020 to December 31, 2020 .
This initiative is mostly about matching mentors and mentees. The actual mentoring format is left up to mentor / mentee. Each mentor will work with up to 3 mentees (or less) in 1:1 or small group setups.
Who is this for?
- Anyone practicing in the design industry. Researchers and designers are all welcome.
- We're looking for individuals who:
- Are comfortable holding open and honest dialogue
- Will honour confidentiality agreements with your mentor / mentee
- Will commit to development goals / tasks set with your mentor / mentee
- Have bandwidth to commit!
What's in it for me?
- For mentees:
- Exposure to perspectives and experiences of your mentor, support for your career growth, practice in communication and interpersonal skills, and hopefully new friendships
- For mentors:
- Learning how to be a better leader, exposure to perspectives and experiences of your mentee, the chance to influence someone's career for the better, practice in communication and interpersonal skills, and also new friendships.