We’ve funded 150+ founders and deployed tens of millions in venture capital, but still have so much work left to do to support the ecosystem. A lot of what we do requires the raising of capital (yes VC’s need to raise money too!), so it’s time to look for additional help to make sure our LPs hear our story and are taken care of.
We’re looking for a Investor Relations Manager to shepard potential LPs through our fundraise process, communicate with them on our vision, strategy, and results, and secure capital for our next few funds. This will be primarily a fundraise and sales role.
You won’t be alone, and will work directly with Brian and Hsu Ken who have both raised a significant amount of capital (hundreds of millions). This is perfect for someone who’s done the fundraise job before as a founder, or was exposed to LP fundraising previously and ready to take on even more responsibilities potentially to start your own fund in the future. If you love pitching, telling founder stories, and meeting interesting people everyday, you’ll love this job.
What You'll Do
- Fundraising – We’ll talk with hundreds of potential LPs a year. Help us stay organized and talk to even more. If you’ve run a fundraise process previously as a founder or investor this’ll be right up your alley.
- Networking - Engage with new pockets of capital by making sure we’re in front of and being thought leaders at all the events that matter. Utilize our networks to source and outreach to new prospective LPs that want to make an impact, make a great return, and support an exploding ecosystem of bright founders.
- Run the process – We’re strong advocates of thoughtful execution. Own the pipeline and keep us on track with meetings, calls, commits, etc. If we’re missing materials or should tell the story another way, help prepare us for success with data, materials, benchmarks, etc. Help us focus our time on the conversations that matter.
- Keep our LPs up to date – Maintain and improve our current LP relationships. If every existing LP doesn’t want to put capital to work on our next fund, we’ve done something wrong. Own the investor newsletter, AGM, monthly calls, quarterly reporting, company intro process, etc.
- Own benchmarking - Know the markets. Are we raising too much, too little, should we be working towards earlier stages, later stages? What countries are the most underserved because other funds just haven’t focused there? Should we or should we not?
- Make us better – We’re re-inventing what a VC firm can do with a massive network of value add founders and LPs. Help us iterate (pun intended) with whatever project you think will help our LPs stay close and add value to the network.
What You'll Bring
- Passion for pitching, storytelling, and selling incredible opportunities to make an impact, while making great returns.
- Strong sense of ownership and bias towards execution.
- Deep curiosity and excitement for continuous learning.
- Systems builder. Strong leaning to make sure things are repeatable and processes are high quality.
- Very strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to develop investor confidence and belief in the firm’s vision and strategy
- Thrives in a fast-paced, often scrappy, sometimes chaotic environment