Using Swift to re-connect millions hearing impaired people
Ava has seen its biggest product and design growth yet and is looking for a new teammate to help improve and enhance our iOS application. If you want to make the world more accessible through great iOS & iPadOS UX then this is the opportunity to leave a mark and make a difference, to use design and technology in order to help those in need of accessibility.
We are looking to hire a talented iOS developer to design, build, and maintain the next generation of our iOS app. Your primary focus will be developing high-end features for the latest Apple mobile devices. Your duties includes collaborating with the design team for new application features, identifying and fixing application bottlenecks, maintaining the core code, and updating the application published on the App Store.
← All Open Positions and More About Ava • Role • Ava • Apply
About this Role
Work schedule: 40 hours per week 8A-5P
Location: San Francisco, CA
You'd be perfect for this role if (Requirements):
- BS degree in Computer Science or a similar technical field of study, or equivalent practical experience.
- 3 years of relevant mobile experience.
- Software development experience in Swift using iOS or macOS frameworks
- Working proficiency and communication skills in verbal and written English.
- Comfortable with Swift and have extensive knowledge of iOS development techniques and practices.
- Knowledge of the iOS SDK performance tools and optimization techniques.
- Interest and ability to learn other programming languages as needed.
So... what will you do as an iOS developer at Ava? (Responsibilities)
- Maintain the current application, develop new features, improve the code base and remove all Objective-C code (translate to swift).
- Design, implement and prototype new user-facing features