- Make it easier for Hummingbot users to prototype new strategies focusing only on the functionality and forgetting about configuration files and compilation
- Since scripts do not require configuration files, the
import commands do not apply when using them them.
- Scripts are pure Python implementations. They have all the capabilities that a traditional strategy (aka.: full strategy) has. Having pure Python implementations enables developers to change the scripts and reload them in the client without rerunning the compilation process.
- The new script strategies are intended to replace the old Scripts, which are limited to PMM and will be eventually deprecated
This feature is new and lives in a feature branch in the CoinAlpha/Hummingbot fork: https://github.com/CoinAlpha/hummingbot/tree/feat/script_strategy
See examples in the
/scripts folder for how to:
- place orders
- listen to order book events
- use rate oracle
- call exchange APIs
- process the events produced by the connectors related to the orders lifecycle
Example 1 (DCA bot)
Example 2 (Buy dip bot)