Welcome to the new HourStack! This is a complete redesign and rebuild from the ground up that is over a year in the making. We've relied heavily on customer feedback to ensure we retain the best parts of HourStack, add some highly desired functionality and build a framework to implement an amazing roadmap we've developed. This is just the start!
This guide will help you get set up for testing, and when you are ready, guide you to making your permanent migration to the new platform. We look forward to hearing your feedback as you dig into the new HourStack. Please feel free to send comments, bug reports, or anything else to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Make sure you check out the Product Guide to learn about the features in HourStack, and the roadmap to see what we're working on next!
When a list has an arrow at the start, click the arrow for more details about the item.
Test and Permanent Migrations
You'll have the option to run a test or a permanent migration. We suggest you run a test migration first to try out the new version of HourStack. Once you are done with your test workspace, you can delete it and then perform a permanent migration.
In both migration types, all members, teams, projects, labels, entries, etc. will be copied over. There are a couple of key differences between the test and permanent migration that you should be aware of:
- Test Migration: Your subscription will not be copied over. Instead, your workspace will be put on a free 14-day trial. Your workspace in the original version of HourStack will remain active and should be the "source of truth" for your time tracking. The test workspace in the new HourStack is just that—a space for testing. When you are done testing, delete the test workspace so you don't have duplicates of your workspace. You can run additional test migrations to bring in fresh data and to reset the trial period.
- Permanent Migration: Your subscription will be copied over and your workspace in the original version of HourStack will be locked. Please note: this is a permanent migration with no path to return to the legacy version of HourStack.
The Migration Process
- Navigate to https://app.hourstack.com/migrate.
- Click "Migrate your workspace" for a permanent migration or "Test it out first..." for a test migration. If permanently migrating, you should delete any test migrations you have first to avoid confusion with workspaces having the same name.
- The legacy HourStack app will request your approval to share data with the new one.
- Once you approve, the new HourStack app will show you a list of workspaces that are eligible to migrate. Remember that only the workspace owner can migrate a workspace.
- Select the workspace you'd like to migrate.
- Your data will be copied. This process can take as little as 30 seconds for a small workspace or 20 minutes for a larger workspace with hundreds of thousands or millions of entries.
- We'll email you once the migration is done in case you navigated away from the page.
- All members of your workspace can log in to the new HourStack app at https://app.hourstack.com/login using your credentials from the legacy HourStack app (including Google Sign In if that is how you originally authenticated your account).
What Your Team Will See
When you initiate a permanent migration, we'll take the following action in the legacy app: