2. Types of Data We Collect
We may collect and store the following Personal Data:
- Information You Provide to Us.
- Information We Collect About Buyers From or on Behalf of Our Sellers. We may collect information about buyers from or on behalf of our sellers. The sellers determine the scope of the information we collect on their behalf, that they transfer to us, or that we otherwise collect, and the information we receive may vary by seller. Typically, the information we collect about individuals from or on behalf of our sellers includes:
- Information Automatically Collected. When you access the Site, we, our service providers and our business partners may automatically log information about you, your computer or mobile device, and activity on our Site. The information that may be collected automatically includes your computer or mobile device operating system type and version number, manufacturer and model, device identifier (such as the Google Advertising ID or Apple ID for Advertising), browser type, screen resolution, IP address, the website you visited before browsing to our Site, general location information such as city, state or geographic area; and information about your use of and actions on our Sites, such as pages you viewed, how long you spent on a page, navigation paths between pages, information about your activity on a page, access times, and length of access. Our service providers and business partners may collect this type of information over time and across third-party websites. This information is collected using cookies and similar technologies. Please refer to the Cookies and Similar Technologies section for more details.
- Social Media Networks and other Third Party Platforms. We may offer single sign-on services that allow you to use third-party login credentials to sign into Service. With your permission, HoneyCoin may also collect profile information contained in your third-party profile. HoneyCoin may also, for your use, enable you to import information about who you are connected to, as well as enable you to share information with those third-party sites. If you wish to discontinue such sharing, please refer to the settings on the third-party service or your preference page on HoneyCoin.
- Sensitive Personal Information. We ask that you not send us, and you not disclose, any sensitive personal information (e.g., social security numbers, information related to racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion or other beliefs, health, biometrics or genetic characteristics, criminal background or trade union membership) on the Sites, or otherwise to us.
3. Cookies and Similar Technologies
What are cookies?
Cookies are small data files stored on your computer or mobile device by a website. Our Sites may use both session cookies (which expire once you close your web browser) and persistent cookies (which stay on your computer or mobile device until you delete them) to provide you with a more personal and interactive experience on our Site.
We use two broad categories of cookies: (1) first-party cookies, served directly by us to your computer or mobile device, which we use to recognize your computer or mobile device when it revisits our Sites; and (2) third party cookies, which are served by service providers or business partners on our Sites, and can be used by such service providers or business partners to recognize your computer or mobile device when it visits other websites.
Cookies we use
Our Site uses the following types of cookies for the purposes set out below:
- Essential Cookies - These cookies are essential to provide you with services available through our Site and to enable you to use some of its features. Without these cookies, the services that you have asked for cannot be provided, and we only use these cookies to provide you with those services.
- Functionality Cookies - These cookies allow our Sites to remember choices you make when you use our Sites. The purpose of these cookies is to provide you with a more personal experience and to avoid you having to re-select your preferences every time you visit our Site.
- Analytics and Performance Cookies - These cookies collect information about traffic to our Sites and about how individuals use our Sites. The information gathered may include the types of information described above in the section titled “Information automatically collected.” We use this information to help operate our Site more efficiently, to gather broad demographic information, monitor the level of activity on our Site, and improve the Site. We use Google Analytics, Optimizely, and New Relic for this purpose. These parties use their own cookies. You can find out more information about Google Analytics cookies here: https://developers.google.com/analytics/resources/concepts/gaConceptsCookies, and about how Google protects your data here: www.google.com/analytics/learn/privacy.html. You can prevent the use of Google Analytics relating to your use of our Site by downloading and installing the browser plugin available here: tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en-GB. You can find out more about New Relic’s services here: https://newrelic.com/, and its privacy practices here: https://newrelic.com/termsandconditions/privacy.
- Social Media Cookies - These cookies are used when you share information using a social media sharing button or “like” (or similar) button on our Site or you link your account or engage with our content on or through a social networking website such as Facebook or Twitter. The social network will record that you have done this. Social networks use their own cookies.