Baton is looking for a talented DevOps Engineer to join our proven team. You will be working in a highly collaborative environment focused on crafting high quality software. The perfect candidate will have a keen sense of DevOps culture and practices, high standards for quality, and a strong sense of prioritization for efficient operation. This role will have a strong backend focus, with day to day tasks including building and maintaining APIs, compliance and developer productivity. As an early team member, you’ll have the opportunity to lay the groundwork for future development and have a hand in shaping our product and culture.
- Own buildout and maintenance of infrastructure.
- Be involved in architectural decisions and planning.
- Willingness to be on-call, and run point on issues.
- Enable service health feedback loops by monitoring usage, errors, latency etc.
- Solve non-trivial problems with simple, off-the-shelf solutions.
- Deliver stable, scalable APIs and infrastructure.
- Experience operating applications in AWS and on Kubernetes
- Maintenance and creation of CI/CD pipelines
- Git/Github/Gitlab or other code collaboration platform.
- Knowledge of persistent datastores (MySQL, Redis, etc)
- Experience with queueing systems (Celery, SQS, PubSub, etc)
- Django or similar modern backend framework
- Willingness to jump into other areas of the project
- Desire for continuous learning
- React or similar modern UI library.
- Cypress or similar end-to-end testing tools.