Baton is looking for a talented Backend Engineer to join our proven team. You will be working in a highly collaborative environment focused on crafting a high quality product. The perfect candidate will have a keen sense of DevOps culture and practices, high standards for quality, and a strong sense of prioritization for incremental delivery. This role will have a strong operations focus, with an emphasis on infrastructure, monitoring, tooling and developer productivity. As an early team member, you’ll have the opportunity to lay the groundwork for future development and have a hand in shaping our product and culture.
- Deliver stable, scalable APIs and infrastructure
- Be involved in architectural decisions and own buildout and maintenance of infrastructure.
- Solve non-trivial problems with simple, standard solutions.
- Enable service health feedback loops by monitoring usage, errors, and latency among other metrics
- Willingness to be on-call, and run point on issues
- Django or similar modern backend framework
- Git/Github/Gitlab or other code collaboration platform.
- Knowledge of persistent datastores (MySQL, Redis, etc)
- Experience with queueing systems (Celery, SQS, PubSub, etc)
- Experience operating applications in AWS and on Kubernetes
- Maintenance and creation of CI/CD pipelines
- Desire for continuous learning
- React or similar modern UI library.
- Cypress or similar end-to-end testing tools.
- Willingness to jump into other areas of the project
- Excited about working with a small, early stage team