This page contains the latest release notes on Handoff Designer.
Release: 7 November 2021 - Handoff Alpha Preview (Public)
- You can now import your Figma designs into Handoff. Install the Figma Handoff Plugin,
export the layer you want to import and paste in Handoff. :tada:, you can now author the design
and export it to code immediately!
- We've improved the copy-pasting behavior of the designer.
- We've completely rebuilt the elements navigator on the left hand side of the screen. This improves the app performance significantly.
- We've improved zooming in and out on the canvas.
- We added a brand new Quick Starter project to get you up to speed with Handoff.
- Fixed lots and lots of bugs in the designer.
Release: 1 August 2021 - Handoff Alpha Preview (Public)
- You can now change spacing (margin and paddings) by dragging the handlers on top of your element.
- You can now change how elements are sized (grow, shrink) using a new control in the Size panel.
- We've added handy shortcuts for absolutely positioned elements.
- We've added visual lines to better understand how elements with a non-layout position (absolute, fixed, sticky) are positioned.
- You can now pull the corner of an element to change the border radius.
- We've improved the usability of dragging elements. Dragging columns will no longer unexpectedly pull them from their belonging parent – instead, the whole row comes along.
- We've improved the way zoom works – it now centers to the current location of your mouse cursor.
- We've added a number of new column types.
- We've fixed an issue that would cause undo redo to jump to an incorrect previous version.