Giveth Vision Statement
Giving is effortless and people all around the world are rewarded for creating positive change.
Giveth Mission Statement
Our mission is to connect people, ideas and resources by building free, open-source decentralized applications to bridge the non-profit and blockchain worlds. We are creating an interface between the prosocial, value-driven, collective-focused magic-makers of the world and the revolutionary funding streams that the cryptospace has opened up.
- Circle's Mission Statement
- Goals supporting circle's mission statements
(Dani) Governance Circle - Token holders
moving toward a fully decentralized progressively decentralizing the Giveth governance system. We have been using our DApp to compensate the team members’ efforts in a way that shows milestone achievements towards the common vision. We believe in the self-organizing power of sociocracy, which we apply in the organization of tasks, our Discord channels and during our governance meetings. We also have an Aragon DAO deployment that we use to propose and vote on important governance topics using token-weighted voting.
- "Giveth's DAO creates regenerative value backed by the GIV economy by empowering inclusive decentralized decision making with outcomes that have real impact on the organization."
- Internal Governance Innovation: Experiment with and document decentralized governance structures within the Giveth DAO (e.g. Sociocracy, RewardDAO, Conviction Voting, SourceCred etc.) that could be useful for future Decentralized Altruistic Organizations to learn from and implement (Modeling DACs).
- ~~Improving the Ethereum Commons: Get the Blockchain in #blockchain4good going. When Giveth runs into a problem, like scaling, we help solve that problem for everyone rather than just ourselves. This expresses itself by collaborating with various organizations such as: Commons Stack, TEC, DAppNode, BrightID, 1Hive, and MetaGame.~~
- Structure & Organization: Cover basic needs of the Giveth DAO to function, such as creating and maintaining basic team structure, conflict resolution, administration, financial transparency, organization of team gatherings and quality assurance.
- "Givers can trust the platform and projects they donate to, are proud to share their giving history, and are rewarded for their engagement."
- Raise and Allocate Funding: Oversee fundraising for the Giveth DAO through grants and reaching out to the community.
- "GIV fuels and directs the Future of Giving, inspiring people to become Givers and participate in an ecosystem of collective support, abundance, and value-creation."
- Token Economics